Honest, affordable tree pruning & thinning services.
Tree Pruning & Thinning
TREE TRIMMING and PRUNING IN THE EAST BAY, MARIN COUNTY & SAN FRANCISCO
OUR GUIDELINES FOR TREE Pruning AND Thinning
- Pruning deciduous trees should only be done in the winter while they are dormant.
- Annual pruning of fruit-bearing trees keeps the limbs strong and healthy, encourages healthy fruit production, and keeps fruit accessible.
- Safety pruning should be done to reduce the size of more giant trees, correct imbalances, and remove weak or dangerous branches.
- Pollarding (removing the upper branches of a tree to promote a dense head of foliage and branches) is an extreme form of pruning that is only recommended in specific cases. Trees that have been seriously neglected or pollarded in the past are the most likely candidates for pollarding.
- Pruning trees when they are young, and proliferating is critical to ensuring a solid framework for future growth.